Home


Year: 2016
Director: Frank Lin
Roku Channel: Amazon (free with Prime membership)

Carrie, a young teenage girl, moves in with her mother, step mother, and her step sister. A neighbor drops by and tells them the house may be haunted by the previous owner who was also a... Ventriloquist? Before you let your mind run wild and start to think of Dead Silence just don't, because this movie doesn't get that cool.

The haunting for the most part is resigned to a few noises from the attic and the TV turning on and off. I hear footsteps from my coming from my ceiling all the time, and I'm just like, "you do you, ghosts. "  And the TV turning on and off might be unusual, but I wouldn't write home about it. What "good stuff" does come dragging it's crappy special effects along is too little, too late.

I liked the ending (maybe last 2 or 3 minutes), but it's simply not worth the drudgery of trying to make it through this movie. I'm not even sure why I didn't turn this movie off. Usually this type of movie builds in intensity, but this one didn't follow that tried and true method.

Even Heather Langenkamp couldn't save this movie, probably because she was hardly in it.

If you're looking for a good horror movie to chill you to the bone, Home isn't it. It's not even good in that, "oh my God this movies so crappy I love it" kind of way.

Avoid the time suck that is Home.

Comments

Popular Posts